Yesterday I was in a baking mood. More specifically I was in a fall baking mood, meaning I needed to include pumpkin in my recipe! I found an amazing pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe for my son and husband and myself and as soon as they were finished cooling off slightly we indulged in a cookie (or two or three). But then I saw my 9-month old eyeing us and I felt terrible eating them in front of him. So I went back online and searched for the perfect recipe that included pumpkin so he was able to partake in the fall festivities. And I struck gold when I found the recipe below. I had all the ingredients already at home and it only took me 15 minutes to complete (including cooking time!). This allowed baby to be enjoying muffins in 20 minutes. Success!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Baby Food Oatmeal Bites
2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 c. pure pumpking puree
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 large banana, smashed (about 1/2 c.)
1 medium avocado, smashed (about 1/2 c.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the oats, baking powder, and cinnamon.
3. Make a well in the center and add the pumpkin, applesauce, mashed banana, and mashed avocado. Stir until well combined.
4. Scoop batter evenly among the 24 mini muffin cups, filling each one completely full. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set. Avoid over-baking them. You don't want the tops too crisp or browned. They should be set and soft enough for your baby to easily eat.
5. Let the bites cool in the pan for at least 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
To freeze, place cooled bites on a cookie sheet and freeze for about an hour. Then transfer them to an airtight bag or container and store in the freezer. When you’re ready to give them to your baby, remove however many you want and let them thaw at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
Original Recipe found at https://thebakermama.com/recipes/baby-food-oatmeal-bites/